Faculdade de Ciências, ULisboa (FCUL) It is one of the colleges of what is currently the largest University of Portugal, the fourth largest in the Iberian Peninsula and one of the largest in Europe.
Its educational offer is structured in cycles, providing courses 1st, 2nd and 3rd cycle (appointment of Bologna), and grouped into nine major thematic groupings:
- Life and Health Sciences
- Earth Science
- Environmental Science
- Mathematics and Information
- Information and Communication Technologies
- Physical sciences
- Science, Culture and Education
With regard to research, this is organized into units with different designations: centers, laboratories and institutes. These units combine researchers from different departments of the Faculty and also include many researchers from other Portuguese or foreign universities. The vast majority of these units is part of the I&D centers funded system and evaluated by the Foundation for Science and Technology (FCT).
One of these units is the formerly Oceanography Centre recently added groups of five other universities to form the MARE.
Faculdade de Ciências also defines as priority links to innovation and entrepreneurship policies, the latter have been punctuated by initiatives aimed at:
- Facilitate the creation of corporate spin-offs from their teachers, researchers and alumni;
- Streamline all forms of research under contract with companies and other entities of the "innovation system";
- Intervene institutionally, including through the FCUL Foundation in such initiatives;
- Sensitize students to the attitudes that enhance entrepreneurship and value creation based on knowledge;
- Development of soft skills in students and faculty.
For more information visit: https://ciencias.ulisboa.pt/en